Saturday, July 6, 2013

Transamerica

As you all may have already noticed, we've been slacking on our blogging duties...forgive us, we've lost the habit.

I let so many days go by that I wanted to let you all know about every detail...that being said, I wasn't informing you all about anything. I'm overwhelmed on how to share all the funtivities, news, updates we've had thus far, and I don't think there are enough adjectives in the English language to properly express the genuine hospitality and support that we've received by friends, family, and strangers (some of which have become our lifelong friends). We truly are blessed. Just thinking of how much we've been blessed leaves me speechless. It's incredible! I'm wearing a big grin on my face right now just thinking about everything.

To everyone,
THANKS! Thank you so incredibly much! The word thank you isn't enough, but it's all we have. Maybe if I say it like Elvis Presley that will add more dramatic flair: "Thank you. Thank you very much!"

Updates:
-We started on the Transamerica Trail yesterday. We connected with it in Utica, Kentucky. We are currently in Sebree, Kentucky at a cyclist only lodging, which was noted on these sweet cycling specific maps we purchased from Adventure Cycling Association (check out their website or Google the "Transamerica Trail map by Adventure Cycling" to see our tour route. We are staying at the First Baptist Church, and they officially started hosted cyclists in 2002; however, a family within the church had been hosting cyclist for over 30 years.
-We spent the 4th with an absolutely lovely family, which another post will need to be made to describe their awesomeness and our fourth of July festivities. Thanks Pat, Danielle, and my new 5 1/2 year-old best friend, Eva for finding us and welcoming into your family. That was more than we could have imagined, and we loved every minute of it.
-Louisville with Ariel...awesome! We've already got a drafted blog too tell you about our Louisville adventures.
-Eric's birthday is tomorrow, July 7. He'll be turning 27! We are in a dry county and will be in them for a while, so we won't be celebrating it with any vino or beer, but we will be welcoming his birthday with a 100 mile day on a straight, flat perfect for cycling terrain. This will be all of our first time riding a century (expect Kevin, of course, he's been riding since the womb). We'll pace ourselves, drink water, eat a ton, and listen to our bodies.
-My knee is better! I'm back to carrying all my things.
-Liz and I are leaving before Eric and Kevin. Liz is getting antsy. She's ready. I got to go...
Here are pictures.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Eric!!! Enjoy your Century Birthday ride today!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you this summer and wish you and your friends good luck! Love, Maggie Mosby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great birthday, Eric!

    I used to live in Louisville with Ross. I loved it there! Miss it every day. How did you like it?

    ReplyDelete