Sunday, July 21, 2013

Family Reunion

Lots of family has been visited throughout this tour. Kevin's family in Pennsylvania, Jeannay's extended family in Missouri, and now the Sunflower State of Kansas. Most of my family (Annie) is from here and this stretch of the tour has unexpectedly turned into a huge family reunion. Our bike tour went right through, Newton, KS and we stayed at my Aunt Debbie & Uncle Bob’s house. My cousin, Katie, drove me to Wichita to visit with Janice, Chris, and their girls. Later on in the week, I saw a sign for Hays, KS, which is right next to Ellis, my mom’s hometown. I was not paying attention to where in Kansas we were actually biking!! I took a detour joined by Jeanné & Liz. Aunt Doris and Uncle Ed met us on the road and drove us to Ellis, where my Aunt Susie organized a family dinner in Holly’s garage. I got to surprise my grandma and see my grandfather in the nursing home. Fun to show Ellis to non-family members. There are so many of us!!



It's funny for my Kansas family to hear reactions from non-Kansans. Jeannay asked Holly if she hung out with her cows!


THANK YOU HONAS FAMILY FOR THE HOSPITALITY. I LOVE YOU ALL!!! 

Part of the WIchita clan: Aunt Chris, Aunt Janice, 
Cassie, Carly, Hannah, Bubbles (woof!)
Katie & Aunt Debbie in Newton


Grandma Julie in Ellis
Holly's garage


Hayden


Holly showing off her deer.

Aunt Doris

Holly's chickens


No comments:

Post a Comment