Monday, July 15, 2013

Ellington to Houston


Ellington to Houston
Ally Springs
HILLS HILLS HILLS!!!!! The ladies got an early morning start and enjoyed the sunrise behind us. We went through the Ozark National Scenic Riverways.... those hills were gnarly! We stopped for lunch in Eminence, MO and when we continued, the hills were even worse! No matter what I die from, those hills are what killed me!! There was construction on the roads and the new tar radiated heat like crazy. I felt like a rotisserie chicken! Had to walk the last 150 of the first hill and had a bit of a breakdown. I don't think my body has ever been so hot!! We continued on another really hard climb and were rewarded with some incredible downhill stretches. We stopped at Ally Springs in the Ozark Mountain Range- a much needed refresher!



I didn't know pigs got that big!

The current crew, Kevin, Josh, Liz, Jeannay, Eric, Shaun


 After another killer hill, we met up with the guys and made our way to Summersville. I feel really supported by the crew and my body seems to be keeping up well. Everyone eventually made it to Houston, MO.
Houston, MO pavilion.
 Two days on the road has felt like a week, and these posts and pictures don't do justice to the experiences we're having. I'm thankful for the group's support and for the rude awakening that is the Ozarks.

No comments:

Post a Comment