Monday, July 15, 2013

Farmington to Ellington

--Post by Annie--

So I have now been with the crew for a whopping 6 days and already there is so much to be said! I joined in Farmingon, MO, and we have now reached the next state, Kansas!

Farmington, MO to Ellington, MO 
low fog on the spring
Woke up at the buttcrack of dawn with Liz to "beat the heat". Turned out to be a completely overcast morning with a bit of rain. We loved it though, kept our bodies coooool! Stopped for lunch in Centerville, MO and met this awesome married couple, Don and Marion. They drove us to an old spring nearby that used to power the town's electricity. Ended up making it to Ellington where we met two other cyclist, Lial and Nate going West to East. We stayed in a pavilion and I came to the conclusion that hammock camping is not the way to go for me. All in all my first day was a great one, Liz and I swam and washed up in the creek in Ellington. I love swimming with the fishies!!
Don giving Liz the history of the old spring. 



1 comment: