Sunday, June 16, 2013

Three things plus one

Happy Father's Day!

Three things plus one that I have learned since the beginning of this tour:

1. Myth: Flat Land
I don't care what anyone says, experienced cyclist or not-- there is no such thing as flat. Granted I have not experienced the Midwest yet, but as it stands now, every piece of the geography on this beautiful earth has AT LEAST either a slight incline or slight decline. Not to mention the carefully placed Hills of Death right when your energy is lowest.

2. Pooping
One main concern I had before this tour was pooping. I was pretty poop shy, refusing to poop anywhere but my own house within reason o my circumstances.      Now, I pay homage to the poop god in any toilet. Freedom. My confidence was pushed even further when I had the privilege of clogging Dan Oates' (our gracious Pittsburgh host) barely functioning toilet. It took three flushes and at least 38 plunges to get the poop down the toilet. I was not the only one this happened to but now that this barrier has been crossed, I am poop invincible.

3. A Trail Name has been anointed
Eric has officially been dubbed "2nd Meal" ever since he ordered an entire 2nd FULL meal at a diner we ate breakfast at,

Plus one: I am beyond thankful that I have a sleeping pad when I almost left without one for the sake of a lighter pack (thanks dad) and my bike shoes and sod pedals.


Liz Coates

No comments:

Post a Comment