Thursday, September 19, 2013

Portland, Seattle, and Annie's farewell

After cycling 3 days on the coast, Maarten and I reunited with the crew in Portland! Not only did we meet up with Sara, Pedro, Liz, and Garry, but Evan made a trek down to see us and Josh happened to be there as well! We went out for drinks and celebrated our success. Portland was such a fun town to stay in. Extremely bike-friendly, great restaurants, beautiful scenery. Thank you Johannes, Jordan, Kim, and Judith for letting us crash at your place!




Maarten and I both had flights on the same day out of Seattle so it was time to say goodbye to Pedro, Sara, Liz, and Garry.


Seattle:


Duh!


Thank you, Recycled Cycles for the free bike boxes.


And some final pictures from Oregon and Washington:


Farewell, Jeanné and Kevin!!


Some of Annie's favorite quotes that none of you will understand except for the people we cycled with:

"We have a big climb tomorrow"
"It could be better"
"I'm from Georgia and I just rode my bike across the country... SEXY!"
"WHOOOOOOAAAA"
"I can't even tell if you're male or female"
"You're telling me you woke up at 4 am and then took a NAP? AND I STILL BEAT YOU!"
"the oooollll' LizBiz"
"Well, yeah! Okay! WILD! WILD! You girls are WILD! I can tell Bob to move over. WILD!"
"I was wanted in 48 states. The turkey vultures are lining up for battle."
"That was a surprisingly big day. Big day."
"God is doin' a new thing. You know he's doin' it. HIT ME!"
"I LOVE LLAMAS!"
"I'm half asleep!"
"They don't even know how to ride a bike"
"I'm an Irishman in America... Can I come up there?"
"THE WIG!"
"Annie, you're really good at floating. I can't float. I don't have enough body fat."
"Bockton? Marta? Michael? Matt?"
"Hahaha! Liz just went!"

And now it's time to say farewell (for Annie at least. Liz is still cruisin!)

No comments:

Post a Comment