Thursday, September 19, 2013

Annie reached the coast!

The Oregon coast was incredible. Maarten and I reached the Pacific Ocean at Jetty Beach in Florence. We made it there just in time for sunset..... but it was completely overcast. Still beautiful. It felt so satisfying to reach the ocean and listen to the waves. I hope to return to Farmington, MO where I started this journey and complete the Trans America in the opposite direction. Here are a few pictures from the coast!





Some personal reflections:
Cycling really is the best way to see the country.
The US sucks at recycling.
I will never look at the yellow downhill truck sign in the same way.
Pocahontas will forever be an inspiration to me.
I singlehandedly kept a sunblock company in business.
You don't really need fenders.
I met some of my favorite people while hitchhiking.
I want to do another bike tour.
Mom and Dad, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment