Sunday, April 7, 2013

Overslept the Harris-Roubaix....BUMMER!


Shenandoah Valley Bicycle Coalition's classic annual take on the Paris-Roubaix ride was today at 12PM; It's called the Harris-Roubaix. 

So the event started at 12:00PM - a great time to bike during a sunny, Spring day; however, I overslept it! Apparently my body needed the rest. Total bummer! I was looking forward to adding more miles on my bike and riding with a group of fun people.

What is the Harris-Roubaix?
The Harris-Roubaix is another great fun cycling event brought to you by the SVBC that happens every Spring on the same day as the Paris-Roubaix. It is a casual group ride from Harrisonburg to a family farm about 7 miles North of Harrisonburg; from the farm, there will be a 10-15 mile loop marked for your enjoyment. You are more than welcome to ride the loop once or more, there is an informal 3 lap race that will crown the Champion of the Harris-Roubaix.



~~My thoughts last night: "It's definitely not necessary to set an alarm for a 12:00PM road ride. I'll wake up with plenty of time to get ready, eat breakfast, and prepare my things for the ride. This will be fun!"
~~My thoughts this morning: "What?! It's 11:50AM! I don't have enough time to do everything before the ride! Bummer! Total bummer!"
~~Moral of the story: Always set an alarm for sweet events.

No comments:

Post a Comment